Pages

December 7, 2009

Did it snow early this morning? Yes, it did!

Here's a photo of the back window of a car in my neighborhood. Other cars also had similar sprinklings of that white powdery stuff, as did a clump of dirt and leaves in my front yard.

The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the East Bay hills after snow fell throughout the Bay Area this morning. We're in the midst of a wet and cold storm, with a freeze watch in effect through Tuesday morning and temperatures to fall into even the mid- to upper twenties.
Snow was said to have fallen in the East Bay hills at elevations as low as 1,000 feet. But, my home is nowhere near that high, and we had a rare and light dusting of snow in our neighborhood, not too far from downtown.
The snowfall is expected to taper off late this morning. Sigh. No White Christmas, or even White Pre-Christmas.

3 comments:

Masterlock said...

Snow this morning on me up off Rudgear, and I loved it. The dog loves playing in it as well.

Anonymous said...

Clayton was covered... we had 2-3", and we're down at 200'.

Anna, The Lemon Lady said...

It is 2:25pm in Clayton. Most of the snow in our front yard has already melted.

I'm so glad Ava and I shared our first snowman building adventure together. I hope it snows again for tomorrow morning.