Pages

December 19, 2009

One clever convenience in this hectic shopping time


Are you out and about today shopping? I just had to pick up some last-minute things--sparkling wine for a party, and, psst, something to go with my husband's present. I went to Cost Plus in Walnut Creek, and discovered these shopping baskets that have little wheels on them.
An employee said they arrived in the store about three weeks ago. You can either carry them around like regular shopping baskets, by hand or with the handles draped over your arm. Or, if the basket starts to get heavy with, say, wine bottles, you call pull out another handle that turns them into carriers, which you can wheel around, similar to the way you pull along rolling suitcases or backpacks.
Wish I had been the guy or gal who came up with this simple but clever idea and patented it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't travel abroad, do you? These baskets where common in Europe for about ten years...

Martha Ross said...

Alas, I have not been abroad in more than 10 years.

Haven't seen them in other stores, but maybe they are out there.

Anonymous said...

They are pretty nifty! First time I saw these was at Whole Foods in NYC.

Anonymous said...

I like carts (big or small). I like to lean on them.

Anonymous said...

They won't last long! We will see them still when the homeless are begging for money on the streets of the dub c!