Pages

November 20, 2010

Thunder, Lightening, Oh My!

It's Saturday evening, and I'm in San Francisco right now, and it's pouring. There have been flashes of lightening and loud roars of thunder.

The National Weather Service also predicted that 3849-foot-tall Mount Diablo could get a dusting a snow as this wintry weather sweeps through the Bay Area this weekend. A pair a storms could bring a half-inch of rain to lower-lying areas, and the the snow level could drop to between 2,500 and 3,000 feet.

According to news reports, showers were expected to develop into thunderstorms Saturday night. Lows will be in the upper 30s to mid 40s and variable winds of 20 to 30 mph are anticipated.

A chance of thunderstorms Sunday is expected to bring more hail in the morning, and showers are likely throughout the day.

5 comments:

Huston Meadows said...

Having survived Halloween, my cat Pumpkin still hid under the sofa for about 45 minutes even though we served dinner for his four siblings. This from a semi-feral cat. He eventually came running out for dinner that we had seved for him.
It was a very nice display of lightning and thunder, in that order.

Anonymous said...

What a deserted and boring site this has become..., oh oh..., we're supposed to go on to WC Patch. Right... If nothing will be posted or discussed here, why not take it down?

Martha Ross said...

Dear Anonymous 8:27 a.m.
I know that the site is a shadow of its former self. I'm so busy with WC Patch and running that, I don't get to do Crazy as much. I miss Crazy. I keep this up for 1) archival purposes 2) but also in case I want to write something that wouldn't be Patch appropriate... Or in case, in the future, I'm able to kickstart it back up.

Anonymous said...

People who check online here is second class to Patch. Take it down since less and less are checking in..., a real shame...

Anonymous said...

"People who check online here is second class to Patch. Take it down since less and less are checking in..., a real shame..."

Whomever this is, should, well, take a basic writing class or something. This rudeness to Crazy is small-minded and childish. The blog is a volunteer gig; she tries when she can. I enjoy checking in from time to time. Most blogs cycle; some sputter out. I understand she has a busy job and a family. What the heck. Why the need to insult?