Pages

February 28, 2009

Power outage in my WC neighborhood; anyone else affected?

About 9:30 a.m. we noticed the power was out in our house. Strangely, about 20 minutes earlier, Soccer Dad, Soccer Son, and I heard an explosion.

I called PG&E, which first received reports of an outage in our neighborhood, near downtown Walnut Creek, at about 9:05 a.m. The PG&E representative I talked to said about 232 customers were affected and that power would be restored by noon.

Her reports didn't show anything about an explosion, but she said there appear to be "two issues" going on, and one was a planned outage while the utility company workers replaced a couple power poles.

UPDATE: Received a call about 10:24 a.m. from PG&E that most power in my neighborhood had been restored. (I had left the house by then; called home, checked in, and, yes, the power is back on.)

Nice that PG&E has the call-back service.

No comments: